cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private VLAN : Promiscous Trunk Port on the 6500 ?

yves.haemmerli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I found a similar post on that topic last year, but I prefer to restart a new post for this specific question:

I have a Cat 6500 (Sup-720 and IOS 12.2(33)SXH2a), on which I have several DMZ vlans configured. On a trunk port thansporting all these DMZs, I have a Checkpoint firewall connected, that also support 802.1Q of course. Now, each vlan is a primary vlan of a private vlan domain, Then, I configure private community vlans on which I connect systems that do not have to communicate together. They only have to communicate with the corresponding promiscous port on the primary vlan.

The problem is that I can't configure the trunk port as promiscous like in a Catalyst 4500 with the command :

Cat4500(config-if)# switchport mode private-vlan trunk promiscuous

This is a real problem because I cannot dedicate a port for each DMZ on the firewall..

Is there any IOS version that allows it ? What would be the solution ?

Thank you

Yves

5 Replies 5

krishnakumarr
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Check the latest IOS for your 4500 chasis and SUP engine

regards

krishna kumar

Hi

I have verified the Promicus vlan supprot 4500

latest  version entservices.122-53.SG1

regards

krishna

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your answer. However, my question was related to a Cat 6500. I know that the 4500 supports the function.

Yves

p.woudstra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As fas as I know this is not supported on the 6500 or the 7600, not with the SXF or the SR release

An alternatve is "Private hosts with PACLs" On cco: The Private Hosts feature provides Layer 2 (L2) isolation between the hosts in a VLAN. You can use Private Hosts as an alternative to the Private VLAN isolated-trunks feature, which is currently not available on the Cisco 7600 router.

The link is at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/pacl.html

Regards, Patrick

Thank you Patrick for the update. I will investigate the Privaze Host solution.

best regards,

Yves

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card