Views
Helpful
Replies

Privilege 15 account not working

Rogelio Sison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pls. help me to find the solution wherein i've added new privilege 15 account but still not able to login directly on privilege mode, still need to input the line con password. Listed below is the sample config, thank you in advance!

privilege exec level 15 configure

!

line con 0

exec-timeout 5 0

password 7 030A5206020E20414536495711

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

access-class 10 in

exec-timeout 0 0

password 7 000A1A0B005A0A0B041E1C1C0F

transport input telnet

line vty 5 15

access-class 23 in

privilege level 15

transport input telnet

!

scheduler allocate 20000 1000

ntp clock-period 17207544

ntp server 10.29.99.3

!

end

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Roj,

Try this.

line con 0

login local

no passord

!

line vty 0 4

login local

no passord

Regards

Najaf

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rogelio,

Is your requirement is to not ask password when accessing the device? Also how are you accessing the device? Telnet or Console?

Also please be aware that by default the console will have privilege level of 15.

Regards

Najaf

Hi Najaf,

Yes that's what I need because we're using Solarwinds NCM for backup with privilege 15 account configured on it and all of our devices are ok with it but except for some and found out that those devices can't work due to privilege 15 account was not working on the usaual way.

Im' accessing our devices thru SecureCRt and sometimes by console/telnet. What I need is when I'll access those devices, since I've privilege 15 account on it it should directly go on the privilege level. Thank you very much for your response.

Regards

Roj

Rogelio Sison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im' accessing our devices thru SecureCRt and sometimes by console/telnet. What I need is when I'll access those devices, since I've privilege 15 account on it it should directly go on the privilege level. Thank you very much for your response.

Regards

Roj

Hi Roj,

No problem. Are you using a local username or password? Or is it aaa configuration. What is the prompt your getting now when you try to login to a problem device?

Regards

Najaf

Hi Najaf,

Im just using local username/password, When I try to login using my privilege 15 account, it will not go to the privilege level page and need to input the local line console password

Regards

Roj

Hi Roj,

Try this.

line con 0

login local

no passord

!

line vty 0 4

login local

no passord

Regards

Najaf

Hi Najaf,

Thank you very for your warm response, looks like this is the answer im looking for. I've just checked our other devices and that's the configuration that works ok w/regards on my privilege level 15 concern. I'll try it and let you know the result, thank you!

Regards

Roj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco