Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with 3560 Switch

Dear All,

In our Company, we are using 3560 Switch as Access Layer Switch which is having latest IOS C3560-ipservicesk9-mz-122.55-SE.bin...Previously it is working fine..Last Two days, Switch is getting hang..After Restarting Switch, then only it will work for next 30 mins other wise it wont..

I have formatted Flash also..Again i have uploaded IOS also by xmodem..Still the problem persists..

After Restating the Swtich, Some of the Ports having additional configuration .(i.e switchport trunk pruning vlan 2-937,945-1001)..We are not using that kind of vlans in our company..

May i know the reason and what i have to do further???

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Senthil.R

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Define "hang".  Can you console into it?  Can you telnet into it?

2.  Spanning-tree loop.

Dear Leo,

Thanks for your update..

During working time , i can able to take console as well as telnet..After 30 Mins, the concern switch was not pinging..In Console, Nothing is showing..Just blank... After Restarting Switch, its showing Post test and proceeding further..

When i am seeing Log, Its showing cold restart...

Now what i have to do?

Regards

Senthil.R

Hi Senthil,

Please check if that switch getting high resource utilization like cpu and memory.

When it get hang and after you restarted, please take the show cpu history and check if there is any high utilization.

Regards,
Naidu.

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

The adding of information in the config makes me verry worried/puzzled.

do you share network cabeling with another company ?

Is the switch a refurbished or second hand bought ?

do you have someone screwing around in your network ?

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card