cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with telnet to router

ravi mishra
Level 1
Level 1

i am unable to telnet to my router.whenever i telnet to it, i get a black screen without any login prompt and when i press enter in the blank screen it returns back to my cmd prompt.

i have enabled transport input telnet in my line vty 0 4.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What application are you using to connect? Try using putty or SecureCRT to connect.

Can you post config for vty line 0 4?

HTH

line vty 0 4

access-class 27 in

privilege level 15

password 7 0234a1912234cd1258

login

transport input telnet

access list 27 has our specific clients ip and wildcard specified and implicit deny at end

when i did sh ip access-list 27, i got hits from the ips in access list but it connects to blank screen and then goes back to cmd while telnetting

Thanks for the partial config. It does help us understand a bit better. But it does not tell us enough. Could you post the complete config (with passwords and other sensitive information masked out)? For example we need to know whether you have configured aaa new-model which changes the default method of authenticating telnet sessions.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

For test purpose remove ACL. That will help you to understand if this problem is related to ACL settings or not.

Or as option, publish the ACL 27 and IP you are connecting from.

And result of

CMD>tracert -d X.X.X.X

Where X.X.X.X -s your ROUTER IP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card