Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with WS-C2948G-L3 Switch ???

nimish18rocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I have bought a Cisco Catalyst WS-C2948G-L3 switch sometime ago, I wanted to know when I try to connect the RJ45 straight through Lan cable into the ports and connect the other end to the PCs, there is no link established between them as in a Layer 2 switch which autosenses the connectivity and establishes a connection. I have tried giving IP addresses to both the client and the host but still nothing.

I wanted to know whether this is a normal thing in L3 switches or is there a problem with the switch. How do I activate Autosensing feature in this switch ?

I am in a very dismal state because of this issue. Looking forward for your quick replies guys ?

Thanks & Regards

Nimish Singh

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Nimish

As far as i know the port supports 10/100/1000 Mbps and you can try checking the config using show run or else use speed/duplex commands under the switch port to hardcode the same. do you see any logs out there in the switch which might help you out as well.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card