Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Protect connection between two switches [2960X]

Hi for a first time!

Have question to you.

I have WS-C2960X-48TS-L and WS-C2960X-24TS-L connected with optical link (SFP on both sides) and want to protect this link from someone to disconnect one of my switches and connect own device then get into my local network.

How to lock optical interface on one side to this on another and vice versa?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There is really no way to lock an SFP. You can however protect the switch and the SFP by putting it in a cage, small rack or cabinet and lock it.

HTH

Hi, 

Additional to Reza comment, you should configure SNMP features to receive email for any unauthorized change or interface status change.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi!

Thanks for reply!

There are two buildings with two secured, locked server rooms, but optical connection is going throunght ours provider server room. There two separate fibers (first from main building, second from department) are connecting. We want to make provider not to be able to connect to our network.

So software is only way, this is why I ask for locking SFPs together to connect only thoes in my switches.

I think something like: pair two SFPs on both switches, if disconnected and attached different SFP - port shutdown or block traffic, if connection to configured SFP established again then restore traffic.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card