cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PTP in Catalyst 9300

passakorn.m
Level 1
Level 1

Precision Time Protocol (PTP) IEEE1588v2 in Catalyst 9300 is based on hardware or software technology?

Does Catalyst 9300 has PTP Chip to make a time accuracy?

if yes can i have a reference document.

4 Replies 4

BrianSekleckiGE
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also curious if there is a distinction between the 9300 PTP support and 9300L for PTP support. Merci ~Brian

BrianSekleckiGE
Level 1
Level 1

Replying to my own response (Holiday season, low volume activity on here):

Catalyst 9300 PTP feature appears to require the highest levels software license:  "Network Advantage" or "DNA network Advantage"

I'm trying to get a PO approved and license upgraded to validate/verify this now; would love to hear feedback from others.

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/q-and-a-c67-744007.pdf

>...

What is the license level needed to enable PTP on the
Catalyst 9000 switch platforms?
   Network Advantage is needed to enable PTP on the Catalyst 9000  switch platforms.

(you may find the complete document useful too)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks; now I need to discover SMART Licensing in an offline/air-gapped environment. 

Interestingly, on the 9300L we tried activating Network Advantage, license activation did not go into 9-week evaluation mode as I expected.

I'm wondering: I'm not so sure that Cisco cares about SMART license enforcement on Cat9K smaller models.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card