Views
Helpful
Replies

QinQ Topology not Working

tolga.kulaber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,
I am trying to test the QinQ topology with the attached visual.
I thought it would work with a simple one line configuration, but I didn't succeed.

I am testing topology on Nexus9k on EVE-NG. Can you tell me where I went wrong?

Device configuration is available in the attachment.

--dot1q-tunnel verification--

P-2# sh dot1q-tunnel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interface

Ethernet1/2

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

P-2# sh int trunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Port Native Status Port
Vlan Channel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eth1/1 1 trunking --

Port Vlans Allowed on Trunk
Eth1/1 1-4094

Port Vlans Err-disabled on Trunk
Eth1/1 none

Port STP Forwarding
Eth1/1 1,300

Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
Eth1/1 Feature VTP is not enabled

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

P-1# sh dot1q-tunnel

Interface

Ethernet1/2

P-1# sh int trunk
Port Native Status Port
Vlan Channel
Eth1/1 1 trunking --
Port Vlans Allowed on Trunk
Eth1/1 1-4094
Port Vlans Err-disabled on Trunk
Eth1/1 none
Port STP Forwarding
Eth1/1 1,300
Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
Eth1/1 Feature VTP is not enabled

When I open wireshark from the right side pc by pinging from the left side pc, I see that there is no package.

Firewalls are turned off on computers.

C:\Users\LAB>ping 10.10.10.2

10.10.10.2 with 32 bytes of data:
10.10.10.1 cevabı: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 10.10.10.2;
Package: Outgoing = 4, Incoming = 4, Lost = 0 (% 0 lost),

Thank you..

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I think the ports connecting the customer switches to the provider switches need to be access ports in Vlan 10:

Configure the below on both of your customer switches:

interface Ethernet1/2
description *** to_PROVIDER ***
switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 10
mtu 9216

Thank you for the answer. As you said, I changed it to "access", but I could not access it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card