Views
Helpful
Replies

QinQ Topology not Working

tolga.kulaber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,
I am trying to test the QinQ topology with the attached visual.
I thought it would work with a simple one line configuration, but I didn't succeed.

I am testing topology on Nexus9k on EVE-NG. Can you tell me where I went wrong?

Device configuration is available in the attachment.

--dot1q-tunnel verification--

P-2# sh dot1q-tunnel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interface

Ethernet1/2

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

P-2# sh int trunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Port Native Status Port
Vlan Channel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eth1/1 1 trunking --

Port Vlans Allowed on Trunk
Eth1/1 1-4094

Port Vlans Err-disabled on Trunk
Eth1/1 none

Port STP Forwarding
Eth1/1 1,300

Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
Eth1/1 Feature VTP is not enabled

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

P-1# sh dot1q-tunnel

Interface

Ethernet1/2

P-1# sh int trunk
Port Native Status Port
Vlan Channel
Eth1/1 1 trunking --
Port Vlans Allowed on Trunk
Eth1/1 1-4094
Port Vlans Err-disabled on Trunk
Eth1/1 none
Port STP Forwarding
Eth1/1 1,300
Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
Eth1/1 Feature VTP is not enabled

When I open wireshark from the right side pc by pinging from the left side pc, I see that there is no package.

Firewalls are turned off on computers.

C:\Users\LAB>ping 10.10.10.2

10.10.10.2 with 32 bytes of data:
10.10.10.1 cevabı: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 10.10.10.2;
Package: Outgoing = 4, Incoming = 4, Lost = 0 (% 0 lost),

Thank you..

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I think the ports connecting the customer switches to the provider switches need to be access ports in Vlan 10:

Configure the below on both of your customer switches:

interface Ethernet1/2
description *** to_PROVIDER ***
switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 10
mtu 9216

Thank you for the answer. As you said, I changed it to "access", but I could not access it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card