cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS clarification and deployment

mrochac
Level 1
Level 1

Good day everyone - i'm working on deploying QoS across our corporation and have a few questions - i'll keep it simple as for layout of network.

WAN(MPLS) -----(CERouter)----(OurRouter (2901)----(Switch(2960x)----devices (ip phone, desktop,etc..)

CE predefined QoS as follow marking so this is what they are expecting to receive as markings from me, which is fine. 

how do i go about this?

1 - create ACL for all the traffic i want to mark and use policy-map

- if i use ACL wont the deny all at the end of ACL dropped the rest of the traffic?

2 - where do i apply ACL to SVI?phusical?

I been reading tones of info online but i can grasp around how it functions... 

i'm a little confused how this comes together.

Hopefully i make sense...any help is appreciated. tks.

4 Replies 4

mkazam001
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I think you can only understand QoS properly from the experts, not from the web - as I learnt myself.

I highly recommend this book by Odom Wendell on Cisco QoS, cheap second-hand too!

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Certification-Guide-Telephony-Self-Study/dp/1587201240/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541277163&sr=8-2&keywords=cisco+qos

Regards,

Azam

Hello,

the ACL just needs to match what you want to prioritize (typically voice and video traffic), anything else goes in the default class.

Since you say your CE has QoS configured, can you find out what exactly is configured ? 

Hi Georg - here are the markings; this is what they are expecting on their end from me - i guess my confusion is how do mark all this traffic coming in from LAN so that when it goes out WAN port its defined according? I gathered that each int would have an ACL filtering the traffic and classes marking traffic according to policy-map? thanks.

RT
class-map match-any RT
 description *** Real Time ***
 match ip dscp cs5 
 match ip dscp ef 

VC
class-map match-any VC
 description *** Video class***
 match ip dscp  cs4  af41  af42  af43

BH
class-map match-any BH
 description *** Business High ***
 match ip dscp cs3 af31 af32 af33 cs6 cs7

BL
 description *** Business Low ***
 match ip dscp cs2 af21 af22 af23

BE
 description *** Business Enhance ***
 match ip dscp cs1 af11 af12 af13

The markings was provided to me from ISP (WAN).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card