Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS issues with alcatel- Lucent 4028 ip phones

Telindus Espana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have an issue concerning Qos  when a connect a PC with an alcatel-lucent 4028 ip phones, the situation is :

- Without ip phones a can transfer a file of 100MB from my pc to another pc in 8 secs. With ip phone transfer of 100MB increase to 8 -10 minutos.

I configure auto qos voip trust with mls qos trust and mls qos trust dscp.

I modifiy the srr-queue bandwidth share and shape without decreasing the time of transfer.

The platform is a Catalyst SW 3560 with 8 ports.

Any ideas?or documentation about the alcatel phone? the pbx is an Omni PCX enterprise, im sure that the cos and dscp  values of voice and signals are different.

Thanks for the help.

Carlos

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

From other postings, I believe some 3xx0 series switces, depending on IOS version, might not by default allocate sufficient buffering on some of the egress queues.  If egress buffering is insufficient, high "speed" TCP transfers could be adversely impacted.  You could check the drop frame stats, and this is what's happening, manaully increasing buffers for the high speed traffic would restore its non-QoS enabled performance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card