Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS - Marking on C6880-X-LE

Plamen Mladenov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a really simple DSCP marking policy on C6880-X-LE device on a SVI interface. 

I have an ACL matching the traffic, class-map using that ACL and policy-map setting the DSCP for that class-map. Service-policy is applied on the SVI interface in input direction. Everything looks good up to this point, no any warnings, errors on the log and so on.

The problem is that "show policy-map interface Vlan<X>" doesn't show any matches, even in class-default class. however there is a traffic on that SVI (show interface VlanX shows that there is a good amount of incomming/outgoing packets of the SVI)

I've found that there is a command "platform qos marking statistics" but nothing changed after it was applied. Probably this is a default command, because it doesn't appear in show run | i platform.

Now I'm wondering - does it work at all, or maybe traffic is being remarked, but statistics are not working for some reason?

After a quick research, it looks like there is a global command "auto qos default", but I wasn't able to figure out if this is required in order to have simple marking to work.

Could you please advice me how to proceed with that case?

Best Regards,

Plamen

1 Reply 1

Plamen Mladenov
Level 1
Level 1

No one is marking on C6880-X-LE device? (I know it's not supposed to be an access device, where it's recommended to mark).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card