cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS marking on vlan - cat3750

pavlosd
Level 2
Level 2

I was wondering if it is possible to apply a class base policing on a vlan rather than a port in Catalyst 3750-24T (IP Base) for marking rather than port.

the switch is operating in layer 2 mode (only layer 3 address is for management).

Additionally, i made a simple test policy map for marking dns and ntp traffic with Cos4, but it doesn't seem to work. I have enabled QoS globally. See below......

Is it configuration mistake, does it need a restart after enabling qos or is it a License issue (because i use ip-base)

!

mls qos

!
class-map match-all Class-dns-traffic
  match access-group name dns-traffic

class-map match-all Class-ntp-traffic
  match access-group name ntp-traffic
!

!        
policy-map Test-Policy
  class Class-dns-traffic
   set dscp cs4
  class Class-ntp-traffic
   set dscp cs4
  class class-default
   set dscp default

!

ip access-list extended dns-traffic
permit udp any any eq domain

!

ip access-list extended ntp-traffic
permit udp any any eq ntp

!

interface range GigabitEthernet1/0/1 - 24

service-policy input Test-Policy

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

pavlosd wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible to apply a class base policing on a vlan rather than a port in Catalyst 3750-24T (IP Base) for marking rather than port.

the switch is operating in layer 2 mode (only layer 3 address is for management).

Additionally, i made a simple test policy map for marking dns and ntp traffic with Cos4, but it doesn't seem to work. I have enabled QoS globally. See below......

Is it configuration mistake, does it need a restart after enabling qos or is it a License issue (because i use ip-base)

!

mls qos

!
class-map match-all Class-dns-traffic
  match access-group name dns-traffic

class-map match-all Class-ntp-traffic
  match access-group name ntp-traffic
!

!        
policy-map Test-Policy
  class Class-dns-traffic
   set dscp cs4
  class Class-ntp-traffic
   set dscp cs4
  class class-default
   set dscp default

!

ip access-list extended dns-traffic
permit udp any any eq domain

!

ip access-list extended ntp-traffic
permit udp any any eq ntp

!

interface range GigabitEthernet1/0/1 - 24

service-policy input Test-Policy

Yes it is possible. Have a look at the configuration guide which gives an example of exactly how to do that -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1767120

Jon

I was hoping for an actual example, not a documentation example.

Another thing is that the reason i couldn't get the qos to work in 3750 is that I found out through other forums that the command

"show policy-map interface" is not working (BUG???) and should be replaced with "sh mls qos interface statistics" instead.

So it was a bit of missleading....

For the VLAN based configuration, i followed a nice example....

http://blog.ine.com/tag/vlan-based/

I was hoping for an actual example, not a documentation example.

Oh i see. You just wanted to be told how to do it, you didn't actually want to have to do anything. I gave a link to the dccumentation because you asked if it could be done and i thought that by providing you with the link you would learn about vlan based QOS.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card