Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Tag on packet sourced from 3750?

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to tag traffic (with example CS2) for traffic that's originatin from a 3750 switch. What i mean with this is, if I telnet/ssh to a 3750 switch i want the switches reply to be tagged. I've tried service policies on SVI interfaces, there's no control-plane on the 3750. I'm totally clueless to where I could find this option. I've been roaming around on different cisco paged but can't find anything for this. Maybe this isn't even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ip local policy route-map

This is the PBR syntax for treating locally generated traffic which was your case ( ssh replies) , the reason you don't have to change sdm template

is surely(IMHO) because as it is locally generated traffic it is already process switched even if not policy routed.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have you tried PBR?

Regards.

Alain.

In the current setup I only have 3750 with SVI interfaces to play with. I can't find any interface where I'd apply the PBR.

Hi,

Why not apply it on the SVI interface?

Regards.

Alain.

I just noted that I had to change the SDM to Routing instead of default. I that's why I didn't have the commands needed available. I didn't have the options. If moving to another SDM setting can be avoided I'd really want to that (I don't want to reload the switches). Further more going PBR doesn't really seem the correct way to go, I'll give it a shoot in the lab and see what I'm able get from it.

//Peter

To answer my own question, with the tip of PBR the solution was:

switch(config)#ip local policy route-map

Even though this is considered PBR you can actually use it with the SDM set to default or access which doesn't support PBR when you look at the Cisco documentation (I might have missed a note somewhere it's mentioned).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

//Peter

ip local policy route-map

This is the PBR syntax for treating locally generated traffic which was your case ( ssh replies) , the reason you don't have to change sdm template

is surely(IMHO) because as it is locally generated traffic it is already process switched even if not policy routed.

Regards.

Alain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card