Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about STUN capability 1841 router

ldanna001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello group,

Am a Amateur Radio Operator and working on a project to link radios over internet.  I purchased a Cisco 1841 router second hand .  Unit works fine but While trying to configure STUN commands I get errors. My research shows that I may need a data license for this  router to be configurable.  Is this correct?  If so how do I get this license I  volunteer for and any cost comes out of my pocket

Looking on Cisco site under downloads doesn't show any info on if there is even a license available.

Anybody out there that can shed some light on this problem

Thanks

Larry

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Larry

I am afraid that you are not going to like the answers to your question. I spent a few minutes trying to find what license (or what feature set in Cisco speak) was needed to do STUN on the 1841. And then I realized that it is hard to find because it is no longer available. Cisco has stopped selling the 1841 router and therefore no longer sells the license (or feature set upgrade) for that router. If the router that you bought does not support STUN I do not believe that there is a way to upgrade it to support STUN.

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: