cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on IP Redirects causing some issues on 2960's

pmanicioto
Level 1
Level 1

I had my first bout with IP redirects the other day testing my WAN failover process at one of my sites that has 2960's still. 

When my site was coming back to its primary circuit I was unable to ping or SSH to my devices for some reason on certain subnets. I did a little digging and found a number of routes showing in the routing table on L2 switches that confused me and were pointing to my backup circuit still. 

After a little digging, I found this is an attribute to IP Redirects, so I shut this function off on the headend switch on its SVI and cleared the ip redirect cache on all the switches below and got all my access back. 

I thought all was fine and that would clear it, but it seems like these routes come back whenever my site flips over to failover and then flips back. 

What could I be missing that is allowing these switches to still be getting these cached routes to the failover device?

All my L2 switches are pointed to my headend as their default gateway and the headend depending on site is either using dynamic routing with floating static, or no routing enabled and relying on VRRP for failover. 

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card