Views
Helpful
Replies

"No password set" on c3745

philuu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My c3745 printed "No password set" when I tried to get to the enable mode. So, I tried to do password-recovery, but it is always in the user-mode mode despite the attempts to type "Cntrl-Break", "Alt-b", "Cntrl-C" during the initial reload.

It failed to go into the Rommon mode, is it has to do with "no service password-recovery ..." being set? What else can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance....

PL

25 Replies 25

Thanks. That was it. I was in a rush and apparently didn't bother looking closely, or ummm putting my glasses on. Appreciate you! Haha!

Many thanks for this.

2020 and this post still comes in handy. i was plugged into the AUX port instead of console port lol. Thanks Rick!!

You are welcome. I am glad that this discussion has been helpful to you. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

You saved me a lot of head ache Richard, Thank you. Best not do that on my CCNA.

You are quite welcome. Yes CCNA would not be a good place to get into that.

HTH

Rick

arifbhuiyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi PL ,

I think you are connected to wrong port. Please connect to CONSOLE port and you will be OK.

Cheers

it is simple, if you know the IP address of the switch, just typed it in the browser and login and then setup your secret password. i hope it works for you.

mdioubate
Level 1
Level 1

You just forgot to activate a password for the enable> enable ie:
R1 (donfig) # Enable password Cisco123
and your problem is solved

Hwane123
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much!!!

Martuza
Level 1
Level 1

Try with a console

set the enable password

in addition, please create your user in privilege 15 mode

you can Set the telnet and SSH password

Hope you will get a result.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco