cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Seeprom Not Programmed" error for WS-X4648-RJ45-E and unable to power on WS-C4507R-E

I have a problem with a line card WS-X4648-RJ45-E. It's caused error message "Seeprom Not Programmed".

I have tried to removed and re-insert this module but problem is persisted and cause the same error message.

However, I have taken this line card to insert on another chassis and it's working prpoerly.

So, I think this is a chassis problem. Am i right ? Please advice.

WS-X4648-RJ45-E.jpg

10 Replies 10

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, your issue looks like the backplane issue and slot could be the problem since you re-insert didnt help to fix the issue. At the same time, it is working on the different chassis.

This situation, the switch cannot read the serial EEPROM of the specified module, and the module will not boot because the EEPROM failed to identify the module type. The read might fail if the module is not seated correctly in the slot or slot is having any issue.

I would suggest you to replace the switch and check the performance.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

Aru,

Thanhs for your answer.

Regards,

Chinpakorn C.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Move the blade into a different slot.  If the blade powers up, it's the entire chassis that you need to RMA.

If the blade does NOT power up, it's the blade that you need to RMA.

Leo,

Thanks for your recommendation.

Regards,

Chinpakorn C.

AHMAD_MAAN
Level 1
Level 1

i have same problem in 4507R-E. i replaced blade and insert in other slot but no luck and also install new blade but still no luck. is there need any configuration.?

Farooq Razzaque
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I have the same problem.

How do you able to resolve the problem,

Was it chassis issue.

Hi Farooq,

Here was the action plan suggested:-

Move the blade into a different slot.  If the blade powers up, it's the entire chassis that you need to RMA.

If the blade does NOT power up, it's the blade that you need to RMA.

Could you kindly check the same and update us.

REgards

Inayath

Dear Inayat

I have Module (WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V) installed in slot 1 of chassis WS-C4510R-E where it showed me the error message of (%C4K_CHASSIS-3-LINECARDSEEPROMREADFAILED: Failed to read module 1's serial eeprom, try reinserting module) and in 'show module' it was showing following error (1 Seeprom Not Programmed)

Mod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.
---+-----+--------------------------------------+------------------+-----------
 3    48  10/100/1000BaseT (RJ45)V, Cisco/IEEE   WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V  JAE1213CD59 
 5     6  Sup 6-E 10GE (X2), 1000BaseX (SFP)     WS-X45-SUP6-E      JAE1213CK5I 
 6     6  Sup 6-E 10GE (X2), 1000BaseX (SFP)     WS-X45-SUP6-E      JAE1214D1LW 
 8    48  10/100/1000BaseT (RJ45)V, Cisco/IEEE   WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V  JAE1213CDGK 
 9    48  10/100/1000BaseT (RJ45)V, Cisco/IEEE   WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V  JAE1213CDE8 

M MAC addresses                    Hw  Fw           Sw               Status
--+--------------------------------+---+------------+----------------+---------
 1 Seeprom Not Programmed

When i put the new module (WS-X4648-RJ45V) in the slot 1, it was not working and it showed me the same error message on console and in show version.

When i moved old module (WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V) in the other slot (slot 2) of the same chassis and it is working fine.

Mohammed Idris
Level 1
Level 1

I had same issue. I changed the slot and error got fixed. 

zidjali2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue I changed the slot number it has same error.Maybe it is  required restart

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card