cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Server Reset Connection" message when configuring ACL

isaiahhavoc
Level 1
Level 1

So in packet tracer, I have a PC 192.168.1.6 on a network 192.168.1.0 and I'm trying to allow my PC all access to network 192.168.2.0
I did the command
access-list 100 permit ip host 192.168.1.6 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255
int g0/1
ip access-group 100 in

(int g0/1 being the inbound int on the router in the 192.168.1.0 network)
When I try to connect to another device on the 192.168.2.0 network, eg by entering its ip add in the web browser, I get a "server reset connection" message. What does this mean? Was there something I was missing to allow all access? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

Your access list looks good. Are you able to reach the devices in the 192.168.2.0 by using ping?

You may also modify the access list to see whether it is generating hits, by adding the log keyword at the very end

access-list 100 permit ip host 192.168.1.6 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 log

Caveat is that I am not sure whether PT can log access lists

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

Hello,

Packet Tracer is quirky. Post the project (.pkt) file (ZIP it first, otherwise the system won't let you upload it...).

I am working through the packet tracer course labs.  In 8.2.1.3 Modify your thing I have reached part 2 to test if it works but when I enter the URL on the instruction page I get reset server connection message.  I checked the URLs that have been applied to the server and tablet in the exercise and they do not have 106 for the last three bits - only 0.  So, I tried entering the url as .1 instead of .106 and a log in came up.  however, when I entered the log in details given in the instructions they were incorrect and I could not log in.  So, I have not yet been able to complete the exercise.  There must be an error somewhere.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card