cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"stack-mac persistent timer 0" does not appear in running config?

RB6502
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of C9500 switches running IOS-XE 16.12.04.  The output of the "show switch" command shows
"Mac persistency wait time: Indefinite".  However, when I search the config for the "stack-mac persistent timer 0" command, I do not see it.  My understanding is that this command is not a default, so is the command missing from the config a cosmetic, did the default change to enabled, or something else?  

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrade the firmware of the stack or monitor the CPU &/or Memory control-plane or risk losing them due to a memory leak.  

16.12.X, particularly 16.12.4, is extremely buggy.

Don't believe me?  Have a look at below: 

00C.png

The above is the control-plane memory of a standalone 9500 on 16.12.4.  The red box highlights is the time when the QuoVadis certificate issue (FN - 72323 - Cisco IOS XE Software: QuoVadis Root CA 2 Decommission Might Affect Smart Licensing, Smart Call Home, and Other Functionality) is happening.  

The control-plane memory of the 9500 should be between 25% to 30%.  Anything higher than 35% means there is a memory leak.  

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Indefinite" means no timer is configured or 0, and you are using the local Mac address. So, if you want to see the actual second(s) configured, try a different number between 1-60. That should also appear in "sh run" in addition to the "show switch" output.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card