cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random port disconnect

joeldelatorre
Level 1
Level 1

We are experience an issue that I have yet figure out.

We have computers that are connected to a switch stack of 3 - 3750 switches.  Randomly, we experience pcs that fail to communicate on the network. At first thought I figured the port went into err-disabled state, however the port shows up fine on the switch and moving the pc to another port on the same switch in the stack fails to fix the problem.  To add to the confusion, if I immediately connect a different machine into the problematic port the newly connected machine has no issue and operates normally.  Connecting back the first machine still results in no connectivity. 

The only way to gain back network connectivity is to move the pc to a different switch in the stack.  shut/no shut doesn't work. 

The IOS the stack is running is 12.2 and the switch ports are configured using cisco port macros.

here is how all the ports are configured.  Nothing special.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

switchport mode access

switchport port-security

switchport port-security aging time 2

switchport port-security violation restrict

switchport port-security aging type inactivity

macro description cisco-desktop

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree bpduguard enable

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The IOS the stack is running is 12.2

You need to be more specific than that.  ALL Cisco 2960, 3560 and 3750 can operate in 12.2 IOS (as well as 15.0) but you need to be specific.

What is the exact model of 3750 do you have?

My mistake.  IOS is IPBase-M 12.2(25)SEB4

Model WS-C3750-48TS-S

My mistake.  IOS is IPBase-M 12.2(25)SEB4

Model WS-C3750-48TS-S

Too bad.  That means I won't be able to ask you to do some TDR.

How about upgrading your IOS to, say, 12.2(55)SE5 instead and give that a try?

That is what I was going to do, however my supervisor is not so onboard with that idea. 

I do argree with you that it would be solved with an IOS upgrade, I just wanted to know if there could be anything else we could try out.

Do you have a 3560G or 3750G to do some testing?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card