cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

read worng cpu value cat 3850

treca201420141
Level 1
Level 1

I have two switchs (model WS-C3850-24T), we are trying to monitor their cpu with cacti
we tried many Templates but all of them read the cpu of the first switch correctly but read the cpu of the other one wrong
so we tried prtg but got the same results
so what can cause this and how can we read the correct cpu value in with our SNMP monitors?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Why do you think the reading is wrong ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

my cacti graph reads value of 2 (the same value that prtg graph reads) but the output of the show processes cpu history command shows that cpu is over 50% and never go down

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3650/3850 are multi-CPU (single core) switch.  Each switch has four CPU (9300 has 8 CPU). 

We use AKiPS and it can read all four CPUs (per switch).

when I used AKiPS it shows only one graph with stable value of 2% just like other monitors so how can I fix that?01.png

Hello,

I don't know if AKiPS works with OIDs, but have a look at the document linked below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/15215-collect-cpu-util-snmp.html#multiple

NOTE:  This is not the correct forum for AKiPS technical support.  

What firmware is the switch running on?  What version is your AKiPS running on?  Mine shows up fine. 

image.png

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card