cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(Reason: Peer does not have corresponding vPC)

parakiteiz
Level 1
Level 1

I configured my Nexus 5000 ports as so

Int Eth1000/1/48

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk  allowed vlan 8

speed 1000

channel-group 7 mode active

int Po7

switchport mode trunk

spanning tree port type edge trunk

vpc7

speed 1000

I configured my 3650 as so:

int Gig0/23

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

speed 1000

channel-group 1 mode active

Port channel 1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

speed 1000

My link between the two switches still does not work. I did a sho log and go the Following errors %ETHPORT-3-IF_ERROR_VLANS_SUSPENDED:VLAN 8 on Interface port channe7 are being suspended. (Reason: Peer does not have corresponding vPC).

I do not get that on my link to the 3750 from to the Nexus 5K but I do from the 3650?  Any reasons why?

BTW when I removed the vPC it brought the line down not take away the error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot plug a switch into a fex. That's your problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I would check both Nexus switches to ensure Port channel 7 is created and the "vpc 7" command is present.  

Can you please post the output of show vpc from each switch?

Thanks.

On vPC 7 I get the error Failed Peer does not have corresponding vPC.  There is not vPC set up on the second switch. When I remove the line goes down.

Is the 3560 connected to both Nexus switches or only one? If the 3560 is only connected to one Nexus 5K and is only connected via a single uplink then you do not need the "vpc 7" command on the port-channel.  You should just configure it as a normal port-channel.

If the 3560 is connected to both Nexus 5K, you need to create the port-channel with "vpc 7" command on both Nexus 5K.

Can you provide a diagram of how the switches are connected if the above does not make sense?

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are connecting one 5k to one 3560 then there is no need for VPC.

Also, not that it should matter but can you make the Portchannel Id on the 3560 the same as the 5k (po7)

So you only have one link in the Portchannel?

HTH

When I remove the vPC It shuts the channel-group down due to a BPDUguard which should not be coming from the 3560 because I have already done spanning-tree vlan 8 priority 61440.

You have the port type setup as an edge trunk device.  Set the spanning-tree port type to be "normal".  I'm guessing you have bpduguard on globally.

int po7

no spanning-tree port type edge trunk

spanning-tree port type normal

I get command not supported on a fex port when I do spanning-tree port type normal

You cannot plug a switch into a fex. That's your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: