Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Link between RV340, Firepower 1010, SG350-28MP. "router on a stick?"

Hello 

Briefly, our network purpose is to stream live video content and provide intercom communication to our production team. We want to create dynamic redundant traffic links from our SG350-28MP switch, throughput via our Firepower 1010, and finally to our dual WAN RV340 router. i.e. If one of our links failed, the network traffic would dynamically switch its port route, without losing any traffic packets.

• Based on my research this can be achieved by utilizing the EtherChannel protocol, is such protocol available on the appliances purchased? If not, what model appliances can allow for EtherChannel protocol.
All recommendations are appreciated, thank you for taking the time. I will continue to read through more Cisco documentation to better familiarize myself with the appliances. 

TPHQ Topology.png
1 Reply 1

I might have found the answer on the Cisco 350 guide. dynamic LAG protocol

Link Aggregation Overview Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) is part of the IEEE specification (802.3ab) that enables you to bundle several physical ports together to form a single logical channel (LAG). LAGs multiply the bandwidth, increase port flexibility, and provide link redundancy between two devices. Two types of LAGs are supported: • Static—The ports in the LAG are manually configured. A LAG is static if LACP is disabled on it. The group of ports assigned to a static LAG are always active members. After a LAG is manually created, the LACP option cannot be added or removed, until the LAG is edited and a member is removed (which can be added back prior to applying); the LACP button then become available for editing. • Dynamic—A LAG is dynamic if LACP is enabled on it. The group of ports assigned to dynamic LAG are candidate ports. LACP determines which candidate ports are active member ports. The non-active candidate ports are standby ports ready to replace any failing active member ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card