cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reflexive Access-lists

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I have a vlan setup for proxies.  I only want to allow the traffic that is going out of that vlan to be able to return in.

I was thinking about using a reflexive access-list and was hoping that someone already had a similar situation that I could take a look at.

Is a reflexive access-list the best way to go in this situation?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alexlpfeil wrote:

I am using a Cisco 7606 router for the access-list.

I saw this on firstdigest.com  This is exactly what I thinking about applying to the vlan interface.  I was just trying to make sure that this would be the standard practice and there wasn't a better way to do it.

ip access-list extended OUTBOUND
permit tcp any any reflect TO_REFLECT
permit udp any any reflect TO_REFLECT

ip access-list extended INBOUND
evaluate TO_REFLECT

Ah well, a 7600 should be fine. Short of using a firewall then yes reflexive access-lists would be the way to go.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

alexlpfeil wrote:

I have a vlan setup for proxies.  I only want to allow the traffic that is going out of that vlan to be able to return in.

I was thinking about using a reflexive access-list and was hoping that someone already had a similar situation that I could take a look at.

Is a reflexive access-list the best way to go in this situation?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex

They would be but it depends on the switch ie. reflexive acls are not supported on all switches. Which switch are you using ?

Jon

I saw this on firstdigest.com  This is exactly what I thinking about applying to the vlan interface.  I was just trying to make sure that this would be the standard practice and there wasn't a better way to do it.

evaluate TO_REFLECT

alexlpfeil wrote:

evaluate TO_REFLECT

Ah well, a 7600 should be fine. Short of using a firewall then yes reflexive access-lists would be the way to go.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card