Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove network-essentials and dna-essentials from Cat 9500

We have migrated our network to SLUP and upgraded our C9500 switches to IOS to 17.03.04.  Our switches do not need to communicate with the SSM On-Prem server, nor do they need any licenses.  One that was migrated had the following configuration.

license boot level network-essentials addon dna-essentials

I can not remove this from the config.  I have removed/added other licenses on our routers without any issue, and don't know why this is exhibiting different behavior.  I temporarily registered it with the SSM On-Prem to see if I could transfer the license back to the pool, but there doesn't appear to be any way to pull the license off under the product instance tab.  Currently there are no license authorizations on the device, nor purchased license on the device.  How do I remove this license configuration?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not using RTU, I'm using SLUP.  As such the new IOS Amsterdam doesn't support commands for RTU.  I understand that customers were forced to purchase them with the equipment.  But those licenses aren't necessary for the function of the switch and are not being utilized.  I want to keep the license in my smart account and just remove it from the device.

I want to keep the license in my smart account and just remove it from the device.

Not able to understand what this means ?  

by default device come with essential License, if the device not registered you like to License to other device you can use.

Most FAQ answered here :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/smart-license-using-policy-faq/ta-p/4415506#toc-hId--329235003

https://blogs.cisco.com/networking/classic-smart-licensing-vs-smart-licensing-using-policy

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm using Smart License Using Policy, so that license is in my smart account.  With SLUP I can keep that license in my inventory in my smart account, and remove it from that switch.  So if I decide to use it at a later date I can.  I don't need help managing my accounts, I need help removing the configs from the switch.  I am already familiar with all the documentation that you sent, I have already migrated to SLUP for the rest of the network.  The CLI commands you normally would use to remove the license configs no longer exist in IOS 17.3.4 Amsterdam.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card