Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove then re-add 9500 in SVL stack

xromelmx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two 9500s running 17.03.04 currently stacked with SVL and i would like to remove the standby switch, move it to another building, then re-add it back into the SVL stack as a standby switch again. I moved all of the connections that were utilizing the standby switch to the Active switch except for the SVL and DAD link. I would like to do this without the Active switch losing connectivity. 
Then, a month or so down the line, I would like to move the Active switch from the original building to the new building that the standby switch is in and re-add it back into the SVL stack. 
How should I go about these moves with the least amount of downtime to my users? 

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once you move all the Link to Primary ative role switch and tested, you can simply turn off the seconday switch and move to new location.

Things to check before you bring secondary, make sure you SVL Links and DAD links working as expected. then connect the cable  or turn on the device and connect the cable, the seconday device detects primary and  (secondary reboot automatally join SVL).

Once the Secondary come online working as expected, When  you ready to move Primary flip the role from redundancy to primary, turn off and move the device(by this i expecte you moved the link to other site)

below some reference guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.html

Note : Offload the config out of the box all time and do this task always in Maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card