Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing Flex Stack Configuration from a removed member

Hi all

I'm pretty new to Felx Stack.I tried to stack 4 C2960-48TDL switches.All four switches were configured seperatley with different Managment IPs(192.168.172.11/12/13/14) before

stacking.And The highest Up time switch became the master as expected and stack was accessble(SSH) via the managment IP(192.168.172.11) of that partcular switch.All went well up to that.

But when i removed the 4th member(original managment IP wa 192.168.172.14) of the stack from stack i needed it(4th Member) to fall back to its initial config and to acess via its managment IP(192.168.172.14).But it was still stuck with stack config and was not able acces(SSH)s via the 192.168.172.14 IP.even couldn't

acess via the IP of 192.168172.11 and even Host name was showing as the master switch.Can some one please help me with this...?

Thanks in Advance.

Pramod

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you are seeing is a normal behaviour.

Stacking means the rest of the member switches SHARE THE SAME CONFIGURATION with the stack master.  All the configurations of switch 2, 3 and 4 were overwritten with the configuration from switch stack master 1.

Look at the way the interfaces are named/numbered at the switches removed from the stack.

You will need to run the command "switch renumber " and reload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card