Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REP & STP ISSUE

3 switches are connected in Ring and by default spanning tree block 1 port.. I have enable REP(RESILIENT ETHERNET PROTOCOL) as I execute command "rep segment 1" on each connected interface, it shows a message that ENABLING REP , disable spanning tree on particular port.. But as I check by  "show spanning-tree" command all the REP interface still showing in spanning tree.

How to solve plz help me......

show rep topology

REP Segment 1
BridgeName PortName Edge Role
---------------- ---------- ---- ----
SERVER Gig1/0/1 Pri Open
SERVER Gig1/0/2 Sec Alt
SWITCH-2 Gig1/1 Open
SWITCH-2 Gig1/2 Open
SWITCH-0 Gig1/1 Open
SWITCH-0 Gig1/2 Open

show spanning-tree

VLAN0001
Spanning tree enabled protocol ieee
Root ID Priority 32769
Address 0007.EC48.94E7
This bridge is the root
Hello Time 2 sec Max Age 20 sec Forward Delay 15 sec

Bridge ID Priority 32769 (priority 32768 sys-id-ext 1)
Address 0007.EC48.94E7
Hello Time 2 sec Max Age 20 sec Forward Delay 15 sec
Aging Time 20

Interface Role Sts Cost Prio.Nbr Type
---------------- ---- --- --------- -------- --------------------------------
Gi1/0/1 Desg FWD 4 128.1 P2p
Gi1/0/3 Desg FWD 19 128.3 P2p

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/lanswitch/configuration/xe-16-9/lanswitch-xe-16-9-book/lsw-cfg-rep.pdf
     >...
     >Spanning Tree Protocol Interaction
            REP does not interact with STP or with Flex Links but can coexist with both of them. A port that belongs to
            a segment is removed from spanning tree control, and STP BPDUs are not accepted or sent from segment
            ports. Therefore, STP cannot run on a segment.
            To migrate from an STP ring configuration to a REP segment configuration, begin by configuring a single
            port in the ring as part of the segment and continue by configuring contiguous ports to minimize the number
           of segments. Each segment always contains a blocked port,so multiple segments mean multiple blocked ports
           and a potential loss of connectivity. You can configure the edge ports when the segment has been configured
           in both directions up to the location of the edge ports

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

you can use stp bpdu filter under each interface, this disable STP
but friend I answer you in other post about your exact issue here can you check it and reply 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card