Views
Helpful
Replies

replacing 2 catalyst 3750s with 2 catalyst 9300 switches

ciscoadminbw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We are trying to replace 2 catalyst 3750 switches which are currently stacked with 2 new catalyst 9300 switches which will also be stacked. We just realized that some commands and services are different on the new 9300 switches.

I have attached our config here. Would someone be so kind enough based on our config to point out what commands and services have changed? I think our config is fairly simple and there is not much to it.

I am familiar with the catalyst 3750 switch commands but the catalyst 9300 is very different.

Thanks in advance.

Bodo

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most of the configuration should work as expected - except the MLS config

since MLS changed to MQC in new IOS XE here is the conversion :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/118629-technote-qos-00.html

since new Cat 9300 not going to Live you planning to Migration, you tune the config except QOS and paste to new Cat 9300 you should not see any issue, once that is a success, then convert MLS to MQC QoS config and apply as per the requirement.

since you got the opportunity new installation make sure you upgrade Cat 9300 to 17.6.4 (once you put them live hard to get downtime to upgrade)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ciscoadminbw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi BB,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Very kind of you. Based on what you said can I do a search in the config file for all MLS statement and remove them. Once that is done, do you think I can just go ahead and paste the rest of the commands without the MLS statements and then work on configuring MQC QoS?

Please advise if that is the best way to do this? I will be anxiously awaiting your response.

Thanks again BB.

yes it should work as expected high level - But if config very long like interface config, that can be added with interface range command.

i would suggest to do high level config cut and paste, and access port config add using range command, so you will not locked adding many lines on console.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ciscoadminbw
Level 1
Level 1

I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes. 

Thanks BB, much appreciated!

ciscoadminbw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Please see new attachment with a Catalyst 2960 edge switch configuration which is currently live. in our network. Our new Catalyst QoS will have to match this 2960 QoS config. Would the auto qos command work or do I need to redo the whole QoS setup on the new catalyst 9300 switch?

I am not sure what to do with regards to the QoS. Please see Catalyst 2960 switch config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card