Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Requesting suggestions

Morning All,

I have a ticky situation. I have two sites A and C which are connected by MPLS. I have a VPN device in Site A along with other routers. I have two subnet at site B. Subnet 1 and subnet 2. I would like all traffic from subnet 2 go go out the VPN Device in Site A. Is there a way I can reate a route that says "For all traffic COMING from subnet 2 send it to device in site A. I normally create a route specificing the destination and the next hop. However, in this case I would like to specifcy the SOURCE subnet. Or is this something that has to be done through ACL or a route map?

All thoughts welcome.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant

Re: Requesting suggestions

Hi there,

Policy Based Routing (PBR) may well be your friend in this scenario. I have not used it myself much but it seems like it could give you a solution to this scenario.

There is some info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml

As far as i know you can use an ACL to match the required traffic flow, then apply an action to set the  next hop for the traffic.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Requesting suggestions

Will I be able to do this with a Layer 3 switch for which none of the interfaces are performing routing. I have SVIs configured on the switch and this switch is then connected to my MPLS provider network. I take it then my MPLS provider will have to make the configuration on their device. Would that be a correct assumption?

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad