Views
Helpful
Replies

Return to default boot settings after password recovery

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I was recovering password for  WS-C3650-48PD recently.

Password was recovered successfully but I want to make sure that the running configuration and boot up settings won't be reverted at the next reload.

Show ver output:

Configuration register is 0x142 (will be 0x102 at next reload)

Any commands that would secure the appliance during next reload to keep current config and boot settings?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i think major part of over, you need to reload and check config all good. (worth take show run output to notepad, if you have any concens here)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

This is the production environment therefore wanted to make sure I am safe in case of power outage or any other reload reason. Thanks

Daniel

I agree with @balaji.bandi that you are in good shape. The config register is currently 0x142 because you did password recovery and that setting says to not use startup config. But at the next boot the config register will be 0x102 which says do use startup config. So you should be fine.

I understand the concern about being in a production environment and wanting to be safe. In that context I agree with the suggestion to make sure that you have a copy of the current running config in a text file that you could use to restore if something unexpected happens.

HTH

Rick

if you are concern, have some one at site with console cable attach and reboot (not required but more cautious)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card