Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring topology for switches

nikhilhatiskar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I want the solution for connecting my six sf300 switches in ring. Is there any option available in our configuration GUI. Please give me some ideas and config steps.Thanks for your time .I hope I will get answer from you. :)

-Nikhil(ISP)

1 Reply 1

Martin Carr
Level 4
Level 4

You can do, provided Spanning Tree is configured.

I'm from an CLI background, as this is GUI it will be much easier, if you have a look round you should find that option.

It's probably enabled by default, Spanning Tree is a complex subject but in brief the switch with the lowest MAC address will elected as the root bridge, this defines a switch that does not have any interfaces blocked and the one with the highest MAC address interface will become a root port.

See https://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=68c256825dd448acb14129974e1c286d_Setup_Spanning_Tree_Protocol__STP__on_a_Interface_on_the_200.xml&pid=2&converted=0

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card