cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route-map processing ( If I have two route-map's)

Dear all,

I would like to configute two route maps. the "route-map Management permit 10" match the ACL 100 e.g. if that matches, will the process go to the second route map "route-map User permit 20" too? Or is the process stoped due to the match and the packet and routed like configured in the first route-map 10?

thanks in advance

Sebastian

4 Replies 4

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

First, I would ask why you are trying to use two route maps to implement PBR in this case?  It appears (by my assumption) that both "Managers" and "Users" are coming from the same vlan. Typically, you would just configure the route-map to handle both:

route-map Mgmt_and_Users permit 10

*match statement*

*action statement*

route-map Mgmt_and_Users permit 20

*match statement*

*action statement*

Just wondering about the logic.

Message was edited by: Antonio Knox

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sebastian

I doubt you will be able to apply 2 route-maps to the same interface because one will simply overwrite the other. What exactly are you trying to achieve ?

Remember a route-map can have multiple entries so uf you order your acls properly then you should be able to achieve most things.

Jon

Dear all,

I'm sorry to confuse you. But what I need is working now in my enviroment. I use on the Router a default Gateway. But for two traffic flows I wanted to make sure that I use another DG, which two route-maps I can achive that. Otherwise the firewall blocks the traffic due to spoofing.

Maybe I give you not enough background but I wanted to focus just on that topic..

Thanks for your replies..

regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastien,

You can acheive it using a single route map.

Match the networks you want to route via different path in a ACL/prefix List and Call the ACL in the route-map match statement. Use set ip next-hop x.x.x.x in the action statement to specify the second DG . All other traffic can be routed via normal routing table.

HTH

-bava

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card