cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 7609 and 7609-S

jonasdiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hellos friends, I have recently bought a Cisco router 7609-S but unfornutately I receive a 7609. Besides the obvious shipping problem, I want to know wich is the differences between the two of them?...For more information I have 2RSP720-3C on the chassis. Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jonas,

From the data sheet:

As part of the Cisco 7600 Series, the Cisco 7609-S Router is an enhancement on the highly successful 9-slot chassis (Cisco 7609). This enhanced chassis delivers numerous design improvements, including:

• Improved failover mechanisms in the hardware which when paired with the proper Cisco IOS® Software image, can achieve 100 ms failover

• Ability to deliver higher power of up to 750W per slot

• Redundant high-speed fan tray module with five speeds on a front-to-back airflow design

• Better thermal flow measurement and management

The power supplies supported on the Cisco 7609-S are the 4000W, 6000W (AC and DC), and 3000W AC power supplies (refer to Table 1).
Also, here are the data sheets for both 7609 and 7609-S
HTH
Reza

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jonas,

From the data sheet:

As part of the Cisco 7600 Series, the Cisco 7609-S Router is an enhancement on the highly successful 9-slot chassis (Cisco 7609). This enhanced chassis delivers numerous design improvements, including:

• Improved failover mechanisms in the hardware which when paired with the proper Cisco IOS® Software image, can achieve 100 ms failover

• Ability to deliver higher power of up to 750W per slot

• Redundant high-speed fan tray module with five speeds on a front-to-back airflow design

• Better thermal flow measurement and management

The power supplies supported on the Cisco 7609-S are the 4000W, 6000W (AC and DC), and 3000W AC power supplies (refer to Table 1).
Also, here are the data sheets for both 7609 and 7609-S
HTH
Reza
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card