cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Config to connect to ISP

mcpasdgarrett
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently having an issue with getting my 3620 to connect to my ISPs switch/network.

My ISP has a 3570G at my office. They have configured a port to be used to connect to the Internet and given me static IP info...

IP - 73.x.x.33/24

Gateway - 73.x.x.25

DNS servers are also provided.

Using this information I can connect a computer to their switch, statically assign the computer that address and get on the Internet. I can also ping the gateway/next hop 73.x.x.25 from the computer. The computer auto negotiates 10/half on the port.

What I am trying to do is connect my 3620 to the switch and be able to get the same connectivity.

Internal Lan-> 3620-> ISP's 3750

I have the 3620 connected to the switch and the port is status up / protocol up. However, from the router I am not able to ping the next hop of 73.x.x.25. I have tried sourcing the ping from the connected interface, but it still doesn't work. My config and a few show commands are attached. What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Garrett

3 Replies 3

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Which interface are you sourcing?

Can you post the PING output?

I tried both a standard ping and a ping with eth0/0 as the source. I am out of the office for the night, but in the morning I will post the ping output. I can tell you it looks like this though:

router-3620#ping 73.x.x.25 source eth0/0

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 73.x.x.25, timeout is 2 seconds:

Packet sent with a source address of 73.x.x.33

Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

router-3620#ping 73.x.x.25

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 73.x.x.25, timeout is 2 seconds:

Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card