cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router for new office location

Misua1234
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a small company with  around 20 office employees.  We are lookig to get another location.  The  one in the new location will need to VPN into the old location server  in order to access files and programs ran on the server.  Do you have a  recommendation on a router that we shuold by to help with this.  Our old  router is around 10 years old.  I appreciate you help!

Thanks

1 Reply 1

hi Misua,

from the info you have provided it is really difficult to give you an answer because you missed to give computational requirements and bandwidth ... type of VPN (MPLS or IPSec or else? ) and so on..

However, for 20 employee and three sites i would say that a 1941 would fit your needs with no excessive expense, providing a god scalability. then again , more info to suggest the right model would be a good idea. What model is the old router? Can you design topology?

Alessio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card