Views
Helpful
Replies

RSPAN and Voice Recording

Eugene Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

Hope Im posting in the correct group here. I work on Collaboration devices, but have a question regarding the network.

We have a layered network (Layer 2, Layer 3, and a server farm), which we will be locating users to. Some users on the network have a voice recording requirement (need to capture both internal and external conversations), and the current standard is passive voice recording (an active voice recording solution will be implemented, but only at a later stage). I did some research and it seems that RSPAN will be my answer.....I hope :p

So I understand that a dedicated RSPAN VLAN will need to be created on both the access layer and distribution layer switches (Distribution layer switches will be Nexus 9K). My question is regarding the destination. Im a little unclear on how this will need to be configured, and whether this will be possible, because the distribution layer will only act as a transit layer between the Access layer and Server farm. So, can the RSPAN VLAN be created on the server farm switches as well, and if so is it just a matter of adding the server ports to this VLAN? If the RSPAN VLAN cant be created on the server farm switches, Im guessing the only way around this will be to connect the voice recording servers to the distribution layer switches (not something I really want to do. Below/attached is a diagram of the network with network design.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card