cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Config and the Device Manager | 2960-CX

Skawilly1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok here it is. I made some changes to a switch, while at the Colo. After I left, I went to my home office and attempted to SSH in and I am getting an auth error, which is new and I am not sure why. For some reason, using those same creds that give me an auth error for SSH, I am able to get into the Device Manager. In there, I can set a telnet password. However... I have to save the changes. I have not saved my changes since I left the Colo. I need to know, if I save changes in the Web UI (Device Manager), does it add the commands to the running config then do a write mem? Or does it overwrite the current running config with new changes from the Device Manager? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- It will add to the running-config

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- While not a complete answer to your case 'show archive config diff' ; will provide info concerning differences between the running and the startup config.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I dont have access to the CLI. 

- Basically, if I save a telnet password in the Device Manager's Web UI, will that Undo anything in my running config, or simply add to the running config?

Because I have unchanged settings I need to write mem to. 

- It will add to the running-config

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card