cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Reload 2960

Patrick Wright
Level 1
Level 1

Please excuse my ignorance here, I am relatively new at this switch and router management. Historically I have been in security, but the guy who normally handled this left rather unexpectedly. We have 2960's spread across three states in different locations. We are experiencing issues where random ports will quit working. If you reload the the switch, they come back. If I do a show log, I can see where the Interface goes down and supposedly comes back, but it doesn't truly come back until someone in that office physically powers it off, or I connect and do a reload. Is there a way to schedule a reload on these things, where I can just have it reboot once a week? The weird thing, is it's usually Monday morning. We have had it happen on a Friday morning, one time. 

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use the "reload at" command;

Example:

reload at 2:00 oct 10

Just make sure the clock is correct on your switch before using it.

HTH

I am looking to create a recurring reload though, not just a one time. I want it to reload ever Monday at 0200. Is that possible?

I think, you can only use one date at a time and not multiple. Maybe you or someone can write some sort of script to do this every Monday.

HTH 

Hi

You can try with eem. Something similar to this. I haven't tried it myself, so no guarantee it will work.

First verify your clock is correct. Then

conf t

event manager applet reload_switch
 event timer cron cron-entry "0 2 * * 1"
 action 1.0 cli command "enable"
 action 2.0 cli command "reload" pattern "are you shure"
 action 3.0 cli command "y"

remember to save the config.

configure it on one switch first and verify it before you do the other switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card