Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM mismatch

qwertys21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am getting an SDM mismatch on the stack.

I have a 3750-12G and a 3740-48G stacked together. I am making the 3750-12G the master by changing the priority to 15.

When i switched on the 3750-12G and the 3750-48G later and do a show switch it comes up with

Switch 1, Member, priority 1, smd mismatch

Switch 2, Master, priority 15, ready

Please how do I resolve this as it is not allowing me access the 3750-48G

Thanks

2 Replies 2

CSCO11167812
Level 1
Level 1

Hardware Compatibility and SDM Mismatch Mode in Switch Stacks

The Catalyst 3750-12S switch supports desktop and aggregator Switch Database Management (SDM)

templates. All other Catalyst 3750 switches support only the desktop SDM templates.

All stack members use the SDM template configured on the stack master. If the stack master is using an

aggregator template, only Catalyst 3750-12S switches can be stack members. All other switches

attempting to join this switch stack enter SDM-mismatch mode. These switches can join the stack only

when the stack master is running a desktop

Hi,

SDM template.

We recommend that your stack master use an aggregator template only if you plan to create a switch

stack of Catalyst 3750-12S switches. If you plan to have a switch stack with different Catalyst 3750

switch models, configure the stack master to use one of the desktop templates.

On http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swsdm.html is an explanation about this templates.

Gooed luck,

Michel

CSCO11167812
Level 1
Level 1

Here some text about SMD

5-10

Catalyst 3750 Switch Software Configuration Guide

OL-8550-01

Chapter 5 Managing Switch Stacks

Understanding Switch Stacks

Hardware Compatibility and SDM Mismatch Mode in Switch Stacks

The Catalyst 3750-12S switch supports desktop and aggregator Switch Database Management (SDM)

templates. All other Catalyst 3750 switches support only the desktop SDM templates.

All stack members use the SDM template configured on the stack master. If the stack master is using an

aggregator template, only Catalyst 3750-12S switches can be stack members. All other switches

attempting to join this switch stack enter SDM-mismatch mode. These switches can join the stack only

when the stack master is running a desktop SDM template.

We recommend that your stack master use an aggregator template only if you plan to create a switch

stack of Catalyst 3750-12S switches. If you plan to have a switch stack with different Catalyst 3750

switch models, configure the stack master to use one of the desktop templates.

On http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swsdm.html is an explanation about configuring templates in a 3750 stack with differnt types.

Good luck,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card