Views
Helpful
Replies

Search for PoE switch

mm2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community!

I am looking for two manageable switches for my home network infrastructure that have the following features: 

* Web gui manageable

* Stacking or one interface to manage both switches

* min.16x RJ-45 (10/​100/​1000Base-T)

* min 4x PoE+ ports

* 802.1X (MAC based auth via Radius)

* 802.1Q (VLAN)

* ideally fanless

* No need for any cloud connection

* optionally 2x SFP

I did now see the Catalyst 2960-L switch line (WS-C2960L-SM-16PS). But I am not sure if it is possible to manage both switches in one web interface.

Thanks and best regards,

#m

3 Replies 3

Hello,

you might want to have a look at the new Catalyst 1000 series as well, which has fanless models.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-1000-series-switches/nb-06-cat1k-ser-switch-ds-cte-en.html?oid=otren019232

I am not sure if you can natively manage multiple devices from one screen, usually that requires some sort of network management tool such as Cisco Network Assistant...

Thanks for the reply. However the Catalyst 1000 series seems not to be widely available in Europe.

Hi,

Usually switches with more than 16 ports are not fan-less. So, if this is for home use and fan-less is not a priority , you may want to look at the 2960X series switches.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card