cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Accessed by Every VLANS

GodPole
Level 1
Level 1

I have systems in VLAN10 and VLAN20 which can talk inside their networks, but not to each other which is how I want, but I have a server (10.10.30.100) which I need all machines, on both VLANs, to be able to access as it'll be a kind of DNS server. I have tried giving the access port the default VLAN of 1, as well as making the port a trunk, but it doesn't resolve back on a PING.

Please can you assist? Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

is ip routing enabled  ?

for vlans to speak to each other at layer  3 , there needs to be some form of layer 3 device or the switch itself if acting as the layer 3 should have ip routing enabled on it

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/inter-vlan-routing/41860-howto-L3-intervlanrouting.html

Complete these steps in order to configure a switch to perform interVLAN routing.

1. Enable routing on the switch with the ip routing command. Even if IP routing was previously enabled, this step ensures that it is activated.

Switch(config)#ip routing

Thank you for that suggestion, it reaches the box but doesn't accept it as what I'm trying to access, if I do a 'Simulation' via Packet Tracer, it flashes with a red x.

Hello,

can you post the Packet Tracer simulation ? Upload the (zipped) .pkt file...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card