cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Contract Required?

zac.quinn
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone here tell me if a service contract is required to install the K9 crypto version of an IOS on a Catalyst switch?  We would like to use SSH for remote management and therefore need the crypto image which isn't shipped with the device.  Cisco sales passed me to the TAC as they don't seem to know and TAC said speak to sales because they don't know!!!

We are not looking to change the train or feature set just use the K9 version of the software. I have access to the software in the download section of the Cisco website but just need to know if we are allowed to install if there is not a support contract for a specific device in place.

Regards,

Zac

1 Reply 1

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Zac,

There is no software activation key required to enable crypto. You just need to obtain the appropriate k9 image from the Software Center on Cisco.com.

So if you're eligible for IOS downloads, you should be able and allowed to get the k9 and install it.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card