grzegorzniecka
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have configured ISR2811:

interface FastEthernet0/0.90

encapsulation dot1Q 90

ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0

How to set up trunk on (for example) G1 interface on switch SF300-48P?

And next,how to set up interface(s) to be in this Vlan90?

Regards

GN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Grzegorz,

first of all, the idea of the video is smart as it is like to be there near your PC!

a)   OK

c)  OK it should be fine as the video shows that G1 port is configured for Vlan1 in native mode and vlan 90 tagged ( that 90T that appears at some point). You should be fine and you don't need to change any settings on this port

b)  the ports should be in access mode but associated only to vlan90. Now they are trunk that support and are member of all existing vlans  = 1 and 90. This is the reason for the error message "wrong number of vlans associated to the port" in your attempt.

I have to say that I am more accustomed to Cisco IOS switches using CLI instead of GUI.

To be able to set the port in access mode you should find a way to remove vlan 1 from the specific port. Once the port is associated only to vlan 90 (port vlan mapping)  you can convert the port to access port.  There may be smarter ways to do this, for example changing the native vlan to 90 on user ports, however setting them to access ports in vlan 90 should be more clear and more correct.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Grzegorz,

the configuration guide for SF300 can be found at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

you need to perform the following tasks:

a) create Vlan with Vlan-id = 90     ( Vlan management chapter - Creating Vlans)

b) associate new Vlan to user ports 

( Vlan management chapter -  Defining Vlan membership  - Port to Vlan settings for each user port)

c) configure a port to be connected to ISR router interface as a trunk port

(Smartport types -  set to  router port type using smartport interface settings page I would suggest to configure the port manually  )

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuseppe,

a) I have set up VLAN90 onto switch (this is simpliest part).

b) by defaul all port are "trunk" - should my port FE20 (for host) be set up as "Access" ?

c) I have set up my G1 port as "router", how should I change this port settings?

See this movie with my configuration changes:

http://screencast.com/t/7krjfEJhuXc

Regards

Hello Grzegorz,

first of all, the idea of the video is smart as it is like to be there near your PC!

a)   OK

c)  OK it should be fine as the video shows that G1 port is configured for Vlan1 in native mode and vlan 90 tagged ( that 90T that appears at some point). You should be fine and you don't need to change any settings on this port

b)  the ports should be in access mode but associated only to vlan90. Now they are trunk that support and are member of all existing vlans  = 1 and 90. This is the reason for the error message "wrong number of vlans associated to the port" in your attempt.

I have to say that I am more accustomed to Cisco IOS switches using CLI instead of GUI.

To be able to set the port in access mode you should find a way to remove vlan 1 from the specific port. Once the port is associated only to vlan 90 (port vlan mapping)  you can convert the port to access port.  There may be smarter ways to do this, for example changing the native vlan to 90 on user ports, however setting them to access ports in vlan 90 should be more clear and more correct.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

grzegorzniecka
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,

when I remove Vlan1 (simply clicked < arrow and move from right to left side) and port was only in one Vlan I can change this port type to "access".

Now it works fine!

Strange that all ports are in trunk state by default...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card