cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sFlow to find out top-talker on nexus switches

satish.txt1
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco ASR1k and running netflow to find out top-talker, mostly we used "show ip flow" command line to find out top-talker.

Question:

Recently we deploy some Nexus 9300 switches and going to configure sFlow, so question is does sFlow also support top-talker like netflow? 

6 Replies 6

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not looking for collector tool, i want command line to find top-talker, i already have nfsen tool to find top talker.

I am looking for command line option to find top flow in nexus switch, I know how to do that on netflow but i am new in sFlow world so no idea how to do that.

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can see the next guide in page 9 maybe this is what you are looking for https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fnetflow/configuration/xe-3se/5700/fnf-xe-3se-5700-book/cgf-topn.pdf

----Do not forget to rate/mark useful answers.----

Best Regards,

Thanks Diana,

Your link talking about netflow, Does sflow also work same way and support following command on nexus switch?

show flow monitor foo-monitor cache sort counter bytes top 10

I have configure sflow on my nexus 9300 switch and i am not seeing above command option

swt-n9k# show flow?
                          ^
% Invalid parameter detected at '^' marker.

My requirement is to find out top IP from command line ( we don't have collector server and we don't want that, it's easy in netflow supported device, i want same feature in sflow supported device)

Nexus *not* IOS-XE ...

Hi,

Have you found the solution for your task, please?

Is it possible to find top-talkers on L2 Nexus switch 5000 series? We use it as L2 only - no routing used.

ACL configured on physical interface with log statement dont show any hits.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card