cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP-10G-SR-S support FCOE or Not ?? I'm try to test...Why it's working ???

kornman666
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-455693.html

This doccument explan 10G-SR-S not support FCOE , I'm try to test ... why it's working ?? , i already connect FCOE b/w Fi 6324 and N5K-16G  FCOE status is up and found wwpn,wwnn both N5K and UCS ??? 10G-SR-S (Class 1) support FCOE ??

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure about your setup, but if the port on the blade is FCOE port, you still need to use the right FC optics to connect to it.10G-SR-S, LR, etc... are Ethernet optics and not FC.

HTH

Not supported by TAC. It may "work", but it's not qualified. Probably internal electronics are not quite up to stringent FCoE standards, but enough for Ethernet, hence cheaper. Cheers.

Hello Reza,

do you know which sfps can be used to connect N5600 with a Brocade switch for building s FCOE can be used?

Thanks in advance

you can run FCoE over Ethernet transceivers. The only gotcha is if you want to run native Fiber Channel with native FC ports if you have a Universal Port chassis then we dont support it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card