cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP+ 10GBE - Will HP cables work ?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at a C3KX-NM-10G Network Module in a C3750X to give 10GB connectivity to a Flex-10 module in a HP C7000 blade server. Looking at CISCO parts, I would spec a SFP-H10GB-ACU7M cable for this requirement. However, I have seen that the HP module is fussy with 3rd party vendor cables and may not accept the VendorID that will be on this (CISCO) cable.

Does anyone know whether CISCO equipment will accept a 3rd party cable from HP (HP part. 487658-B21) - bear in mind these are DACs, with built in SFP's that I believe have a VendorID coding ?

1 Reply 1

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, right now, the active 7m cable is not in the support matrix the the 3750X...only passive. The only way to know if it works is to try it....

Exemple : the Panduit active cable are not supported but works on the 5000 and 5500 platform but not on the 7000. They can't even provide the same level of support across platform. HP, Qlogic, emulex, cisco, they are all acting the same...

I have yet to test my different cable vendor on my flex...

I'll check if I have a 10G module for my 3750X in my lab...but I think they are all in the feild.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card