Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP MGBSX1 wont work on SGE2000 / SG220-50P

Peter_ERNST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Professionals,

We have here a SGE2000 and a SG220-50P we want to connect by optical SFP MGBSX1. According to the compatibility matrix, everything should be right. On SGE2000 we installed the last firmware. Only the SFPs are not recognized. The port type is 1000M-ComboC for the ports. The Optical Tests menu item remains blank. Does the SFP MGBSX1 need to be activated separately? Oh, we have here 5 of these SFPs, with all in both switches the same problem. On the combo ports nothing is connected, on the SGE2000 is nothing else connected.

How do we get the SFPs to work?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Peter

5 Replies 5

Peter_ERNST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

in the meantime, we have tested other SFP's. Here is the same result. It does not work. Any more hints for us?

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi!

Does anyone really have an idea how to get the SFPs to work?

Kind regards,

Peter

I had the same issue with my SG300s. Did you try to wire even the fiber? My SFPs haven't been recognized before I did the complete wiring.

Port status should switch from ComboC (--> copper) to ComboF (--> fiber) as soon as the fiber is connected accordingly. If it still does not work, try to switch the fiber lines.

Hello Community,

we have the past weekend make further tests and have found the error. The company, which installed the fiber, has laid multimode fiber. We have used multimode patch cables and multimode SFPs. Unfortunately the company, which has laid the fiber, has installed in the patch box singlemodehardware. Ouch!

Thanks for the tips and try to help me but with this error we have not expected ....

Peter

Glad you fixed your issue. Always expect the unexpected =)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card