Views
Helpful
Replies

sg300 inter vlan

pavlos82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i recently installed and configure a new sg300 switch , all my vlans works fine and inter vlans.

vlan 1 is on 10.10.10.0 /25

vlan 20 is on 10.10.10.128 /25

vlan 30 is on 10.10.11.0 /25

vlan 40 is on 10.10.12.0 /25

vlan 15 is on 10.10.13.0 /25

i am using dhcp relay on the switch to my windows dhcp server , i have 2 DC set up for redundancy incase one DC is down.

my issue now is when i reboot my router , all my vlans goes down except vlan 1 which is on the same subnet as my windows dhcp server.

please advice how can i prevent all my vlans from shutting down when rebooting the router , the routers purpose is only for internet access for my vlans and i cannot understand why my other vlans goes down when the router is down?? please advice, thanks

dhcp relay for the 2 server is set up on the switch and active , all vlans are getting IP from their respective pool from the windows server

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@pavlos82 wrote:

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

Hello,

stupid question maybe, but have you saved the running to the startup config ?

A lot of 'problems' with these small business switches are due to outdated firmware. Which version are you running ? 1.4.8.06 is the latest, if you don't have that installed, upgrade it...

i think this the latest version and yes i did save , still no luck :

cisco.JPG

the issue has been resolved , all i had to do is change my windows server static gateway to the switch SVI for vlan1  which my DC windows server is part of instead of the router ip

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

A lot of 'problems' with these small business switches are due to outdated firmware. Which version are you running ? 1.4.8.06 is the latest, if you don't have that installed, upgrade it...

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

Hello,

cisco.JPG

@pavlos82 wrote:

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

Hello,

cisco.JPG

the issue has been resolved , all i had to do is change my windows server static gateway to the switch SVI for vlan1  which my DC windows server is part of instead of the router ip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco